- Tour Styles
8:30 Begin your full day Hanoi city tour by visiting the most historical complex of the capital including: The beloved Hochiminh Mausoleum in Ba Dinh square where Ho Chi Minh president declared the independence for Vietnam on September 2nd 1945. The following of your Hanoi 1 day tour is the charming president palace built in 1901 in unique French colonial style. In this beautiful botanical gadern, there is a lovely wooden cottage where he spent his last moment of life.
The next place of this morning Hanoi itinerary is One Pillar Pagoda built in 1049 with unique Buddhist architecture. Then, your Hanoi city tour is followed by a visit to the most famous university in Vietnam built 1070AD, called Temple of Literature - one of highlights for Hanoi city tour package.
Take a little walk on the bank of charming Westlake(Ho Tay) and a visit to Tran Quoc pagoda located on a small island in the middle of the lake can not be missed on your city tour today. Here, you will see beautiful collection of buddist statues coated in golden leaves and lacquer.
In the afternoon, learn more Vietnamese history by visitting Hoa Lo prison - well known with "Hanoi Hilton Hotel" nickname given by American pilots. Then, a rickshaw tour around the crowded streets of Hanoi Old Quarters would be so fun. The streets were named after the goods being sold here from Fish, fan, silk, bamboo, sugar... to Silver and everything in between.
Experience the real sense in the local way of life by sitting on a small chair at a corner and drinking local vietnamese tea. This would offer some most beautiful photos on Hanoi local life theme.
The cycling tour bring you to the St. Joseph's Cathedral built by French in 1886. End your Hanoi city tour with a visit to NgocSon temple. Our guide will invite you a unique fruitjuice glass of three religons mixed together in this temple.
|The cost in USD/person
|Private Hanoi city tour|
Join In Group
Hanoi city tour included:
+ Private car
+ Sightseeing fees
+ Tour guide
+ Local tea
Hanoi city tour excluded:
+ No food and drinks
+ Daily expense
+ Tips to drive and guide
+ Personal travel & medical insurance
+ Excluded other things
Hanoi city tour rating
based on 356 tour reviews
1/ Hanoi City General Information
- 3328,9 km2 large
- 7.500.000 people(in the year of 2015)
- 2.252,9 people/km2
2/ Different names before calling Hanoi
- Long Bien citadel from 544 - 548 under the king Ly Nam De
- In 621 Tu Thanh
- In 767 La Thanh
- In 808 Dai La
- In 1010 Thang Long by the kinh Ly Thai To(Ly Cong Uan). The city became the capital of Vietnam
- In 1400 Dong Do
- In 1407 Dong Quan
- In 1428 Dong Kinh
- In 1527 Thang Long
- In 1802 Thang Long capital was changed in the Thang Long city as the capital of Vietnam is Hue
- In 1831, The city was called Ha Noi. Ha means river(Red river) Noi means inside. The city is in the middle of 2 rivers(The Red river to the east and Day river to the west) being called Ha Noi.
- In 1883 - 1954 Hanoi under French's control
- In 1946 Hanoi was chosen to be the capital of Vietnam upto now
3/ Places to visit for tour in Hanoi
3.1 Ba Dinh Square for the city tour in Hanoi: Ba Dinh Square is 320m long and 100m wide with 248 grass squares - meaning different villages. In the centre of the square, there is a flat tower of 30m high. To the east side of the square is the National assemble hall. To the west side of the square is Ho Chi Minh Mausolumn. Ba Dinh means 3 villages in Thanh Hoa province( My Khe village, Thuong Tho village, Mau Thinh village) with 3 communal houses located near eachother - Stand in one communal house can see the 2 others. There was a campaign against the French led by Dinh Cong Trang and Tran Xuan Xoan. This campaign encouraged whole Vietnam to fight against the French. In 1945, it was suggested to Name this square to be Ba Dinh helping Vietnamese people remember the campaign.
Ba Dinh square is the most important square in Vietnam as some of most important events in Vietnam happened here:
- It is Here where Ho Chi Minh and goverment declared the independence and freedom for Vietnam on 2 Sept 1945
- There was a big meeting here on 1st Jan 1955 to welcome Vietnamese government coming back to Hanoi
- On 9 Sept 1969 there was a big meeting to see off president Ho Chi Minh to the other world
- On 2 Sept 1975 there was a big meeting to welcome the country become independence and unification
- On 10 Oct 2010 there was a big festival here to welcome Hanoi to be 1000 year old.
All contents by http://deluxevietnamtours.com, site by Anariel. All rights reserved.